Class B hydrocarbon fire firefighting foam concentrates
Class B hydrocarbon fires are separated into 3 main categories:
- Light hydrocarbons: gasoline, heptane, cyclohexane, terpenes…
- Heavy hydrocarbons: fuel, diesel, kerosene…
- Aromatic hydrocarbons: benzene, toluene…
What are the class B hydrocarbon fire firefighting foam concentrates?
There are 2 types of class B foams with various actions:
- A chemical action thanks to the AFFF (Aqueous Film-Forming Foam) that forms a thin film above the fuel surface. This action only requires spraying and not necessarily expansion. The foam can be sprayed directly using a long-range appliance, also called “solid” jet certified under standard EN 1568-3 in class I.
- FFF (Fluorine-Free Foam): The accumulation of bubbles creates a foam blanket separating the fuel from the oxygen.
Class B foams can be used in low, medium and high expansion. They are compatible with a wide range of fixed and mobile foam generating equipment and mixing devices, at various foam concentration rates (1%, 3% or 6%).
BIOEX class B foams are effective on class B flammable liquid fires and approved by international standards (EN1568, UL162, NFPA, LASTFIRE, GESIP, IMO 1312…). Our class B firefighting foams are used by major oil & gas companies, refineries, tank farms, chemical plants, international airports, ARFF, warehouses, tunnel facilities, fire brigades…
0 Result found
1 Result found
Results foundNo product Matches your search criterias